Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelaaaxo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
Note: my iPhone 5s is running on iOS 7.0.1.

Before I went on vacation several weeks ago, I tried to get pictures off my iPhone 5s to clear space. On my old BlackBerry you could easily plug it in via USB and drag and drop off pictures. I tried to do the same with my iPhone 5s on a PC running Windows XP but it would not recognize the phone in Windows Explorer, although it would recognize it in iTunes. My phone asked me via pop-up notification if I wanted to trust the computer and I accepted, but no matter what I tried it would still not show up in Windows Explorer. I emailed myself some pictures and deleted them and said I would try again when I got back.

Using the same cable, I just tried on my other PC computer, running Windows 7. Ran into the same problem! It allowed me to charge the phone right away, but didn't ask me if I trust the computer until after 3 unplugs-and-re-plugins. Meanwhile, Windows Explorer and Control Panel recognize Apple Mobile Device USB Driver but not the actual phone. So, I can't update the device drivers. Once again, iTunes on this computer recognizes the iPhone...so why not Windows Explorer?!

I have 30MB of memory left and I desperately need quick access to clear my phone on my PC. Please help!

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
No idea. Try using a system restore point?
Or alternatively, download the app 'Transfer Pro' from the App Store and transfer your photos/videos/PDF via WiFi. That app has helped me out a lot in the past.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Is there a reason you are running such an old version of iOS. There could be some bugs in that version, 7.0.1, and not necessarily related to windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.