Windows Phone 7 launch mentions iPhone and Apple a lot..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benna, Feb 15, 2010.

1. benna macrumors regular

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

someone in there should pull out there iphone and be like, "oh yeah? haha! look at me! im hacking your computer that you're using to generate effects at this presentation....ON MY IPHONE!!!!"

3. benna thread starter macrumors regular

lol, Steve is pissing me out with his Ads lol!

4. benna thread starter macrumors regular

lol Steve says that he revealed the phone early because he wanted to reduce leaks and mess ups :D he is really trying to digg up Apple all the way long..!

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That had to mention Apple or it would've been a huge elephant in the room.

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Exactly.

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

When will they be out?

Oh you know, after we've taken 6.5 out to the back and put it to rest. And a few months after the 4th generation iPhones, and maybe a few new Android phones....

8. pintnight macrumors 6502

Microsoft want to compete with Apple's iPhone? Now that's just crazy talk there boy.

9. Meatball macrumors regular

What nonsense! :rolleyes:. I'll give you £1,000,000 if yo can do that.

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Haven't you seen the app called iBlackout? Remote VNC into the stage power, then Boooom! ;)

11. The General macrumors 601

That's no UI... IT'S A BUNCH OF SKY BLUE BOXES WITH WHITE TEXT.

12. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    well it's not the BMW of the phone world, more like origami of a UI.... "smart design"? ..... K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid)......

it just seems like it's just like all of MS UI's.....clunky, pain in the a$$ to do anything with it..... definitely a phone that my mom could not just pick up and use & have fun with.. (and isn't that 80% of the market)... I like the flexibility of what it can do, it's just not "polished/well thought out"...... implementation is a fail

on the presentation side: ya know, it would be hard not to sound like an apple-esk event because i think apple set the bar for these types of events........
    it is going to be amazing to see if Apple can KEEP the curve set with 4.0

EDIT: i think i'll get lost using that phone, it must come with a 500 page manual!!
    I don't think that Joe ever took a breath! & andy should have just used a telepromter @ eye level instead of trying to hide it on the ground......

13. MasterTick macrumors 6502

How dumb are you? Just watching him use the phone it's quite clear what you have to do to navigate.

Typical Apple fanboys.

14. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    :rolleyes: fanboy?... LOL ....

nope, i just love stuff to work..... kind of why i have an iphone and haven't jumped to the nexus one although it is tempting with it's flexibility, so i put up with some restrictions with "apple stuff"...... if another platform proves that it can do that over a period of time i would gladly try it out...... but so far, aaahhh not so much......

so that UI looked fluid to you? well ok, i'll certainly take it for what it's worth..... :cool:

15. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Lets give it some time to grow as a platform... don't forget the iPhone didn't have Copy + Paste for quite some time...

16. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

http://gizmodo.com/5472222/windows-phone-7-series-hands+on-pics-and-video

I'd say its pretty fluid. Apple better deliver with the next iPhone, in terms of hardware and software. I am defiantly impressed with Windows Phone 7.

EDIT: video overviewing the OS: http://gizmodo.com/5471805/windows-phone-7-series-everything-is-different-now?skyline=true&s=i

17. YoungLew macrumors regular

18. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

It's definitely VERY impressive, especially considering what Windows Mobile 6.x is today. I'm not saying it's perfect (that start/home screen is pretty drab), but overall it's pretty slick.

The iPhone has definitely fallen behind and 4.0 better knock our socks off. The only thing the iPhone really has going for it now is the app store. Everything is moving towards social media integration and cloud based services, and the iPhone OS is severely lacking in that regard. IMO, that's much more important than things like true multitasking.

19. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

+1. WM 7 is a far cry from 6.x, but I'm still unimpressed with the Zune-like homescreen layout.

20. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

Hmmm my guess is 2012 or later...