Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Microsoft’s Windows Phone Marketplace has now reached 25,000 applications.

Marketplace trackers windowsphoneapplist.com is currently tracking 25,015 apps in the U.S. Marketplace alone. WP7applist is tracking 24,784 applications worldwide and explains 4,025 of them are inactive, 51% are available for free and the average price is $1.48 per paid application. Microsoft’s Windows Phone Marketplace is growing at an impressive rate. The software giant added 3,000 applications in April alone after reaching its 12,000 milestone in late March. The Marketplace passed 15,000 apps in April just in time for its six month birthday. WP7applist says that 186 apps are updated on average each day. In the last 24 hours, 131 apps were updated and 262 were added.

Windows Phone 7 launched on October 26 with 1,000 applications available. Six months later and the platform has increased impressively. Microsoft appears to be building up a good momentum amongst application developers. Microsoft says it now has over 40,000 Windows Phone application developers, who deliver an average of 100 new apps per day.

http://www.winrumors.com/windows-phone-7-hits-25000-applications/

In the past week or two all of the following have launched for Windows Phone 7:
  • Angry Birds
  • Amazon Fresh
  • The New York Times
  • MyFord
  • FourSquare
  • American Airlines
  • British Airways
  • Engadget
  • NBC Nightly News
  • Washington Post
  • Yell.com
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Fox News
  • IM+
  • E!
  • DC Comics
  • Best Buy
  • MLB At Bat
  • VH1
  • MTV News
  • Evernote
  • Accuweather
  • Updated Facebook application including live tile and notifications

This platform is starting to get really exciting.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Looking damn good for Windows Phone 7. No endless supply of fart apps either I'm guessing.

I'm looking forward to the hardware that Nokia will bring as well. My next phone may well be a Windows Phone.

Cue *LTD*'s usual prose on how Microsoft and Nokia both fail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.