Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tim0

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Russia
Apparently, since updating to Sierra I can't sync my Lumia 1020 with my Mac because that long-outdated Microsoft app stopped working again. The app was pulled down from AppStore for a couple of years now, but there was a workaround to get it working with El Capitan by replacing a couple of libraries (libusb.dylib, libusb-standard.dylib). Does anyone know how to get it to work on Sierra?

Last edited:

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Someone actually owns a Windows Phone?!!?

Check the Mac App Store to see if there's a utility to help sync a Windows Phone with the Mac.

Tim0

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Russia
There was one, but it was pulled down in 2014 - Windows Phone app. Didn't support El Capitan natively.

614c82508b1f.jpg

Tim0

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Russia
Apparently, Gatekeeper is turned off already, unless I'm missing something. Still, it usually prevents the apps from starting, which is not the problem in my case. The app starts fine, it just doesn't see the phone - and when I disconnect the phone, the app crashes. The phone sync works fine on Windows PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.