Windows photo resizing/cropping app

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tobefirst, Sep 24, 2013.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'm in need of the most basic, free photo resizing and cropping app for Windows. Emphasis on the basic. I need something that is dead simple to use and is preferably free. It needs to be able to resize photos and crop to specific, user generated aspect ratios and needs to be a native app, not a web service.

I'm not looking for Photoshop, or even Elements here, but something that is easier to use and without all the features that will just get in the way.

Does anyone have any suggestions they're using or have tried before?

2. TITNTUFF macrumors regular

TITNTUFF

3. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Thanks for the reply! I vaguely remember Irfanview from many, many years ago. Since you seem to have more current experience with it, can you confirm that it does the following:

• Resize pictures to user defined sizes? (e.g. 800 px wide)
    • Crop to user defined (i.e. non-normal) aspect ratios? (e.g. 943px by 344px)

Thanks, in advance, for your confirmation.

All, I'm still looking for other applications, so if you think there is something simpler than Irfanview, please let me know!

4. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

I would recommend 'Fast Stone Image Viewer'. Very good image viewer and resizer, simple yet HQ and powerful! Also (sorry if this sounds like an ad ;)) if you have Boot Camped the Macbook Pro or Air, do not forget to install the normal multitouch trackpad driver (see my topic http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1497761)