Windows Photoshop partitioned onto Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hyperteen, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hyperteen macrumors newbie

Ok, so I recently purchased a Mac, and previously had Photoshop for windows. Me and my brother use(d) Photoshop on our PCs (he still does). Is it possible, to do the boot camp thing on my Mac and load up Windows XP and use the Windows version of Photoshop on my Mac via boot camp?

Any help is appreciated.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes. As long as your run BootCamp you can run the Windows version. Since you have Mac, just contact Adobe and ask for a Crossgrade exchange where they exchange your PC key for a OS X key and appropriate discs.

3. Hyperteen thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't do the disc switch thing because my brother still uses Windows Photoshop on his PC.

Edit: How much should I partition for Photoshop and XP? I would only be using XP for Photoshop so nothing else will be used.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Probably can't continue this thread then, as using it on a second machine when still being used on the original licensed machine appears to constitute piracy which violates the forum rules.

5. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

A 10gb partition should do you... If i recall, XP uses only 2 or 3 GB on a clean install.

6. Hyperteen thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as I know, you are allowed to use it on two machines, as per Adobe's EULA. Me and my brother used Photoshop on one computer. I got a mac, I want to partition my mac with XP and use the second license on the mac.

2.4 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the important restrictions set forth in Section 2.5 below, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed ("Primary User") may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

So I can use it one the Mac, as long as it isnt being used on the PC, which is what happens anyway.

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Actually no- note the phrase "...his or her exclusive use..." (not his or her use plus another user) as well as "...is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer." This is a standard MS EULA regarding this, so one person can install it on their desktop machine and on their laptop for use when away from the desktop.

I'm not concerned about it- just bringing it to your attention that it violates forum rules. No biggie.

8. Hyperteen thread starter macrumors newbie

I payed for it, its under my name on "his" computer. It will also then be on my name on my Mac. So it will still technically be one user.