Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obrien234

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Brighton, MI
I have two HP printers hooked up to my mom's computer through USB, and I have her sharing these printers. When I go to print through them using Windows Printing, the printers are recognized, the jobs are sent and then they immediately stop themselves. If I go to start the job again, it just stops itself again.

What is going on, and how do I fix it?

Thanks

dukeman

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2007
I had the same problem on and off with an Imac, sometimes it would print great, other times not. Eventually I just picked up a cheap $70 usb print server, and it works great. No more having to make sure the imac was up and on .

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I have two HP printers hooked up to my mom's computer through USB, and I have her sharing these printers. When I go to print through them using Windows Printing, the printers are recognized, the jobs are sent and then they immediately stop themselves. If I go to start the job again, it just stops itself again.

What is going on, and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Is there anything showing up in the print que when you print someting out?

obrien234

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Brighton, MI
Is there anything showing up in the print que when you print someting out?

Yes, the print que shows the job, and then shows that the job is being initialized. And then it just says "Stopped". I dont hit any buttons, it just stops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.