Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
So now that i've upgraded to Leopard, i love every bit of it. EXCEPT i can no longer print to my windows shared printer. I was able to in Tiger, but once i upgraded to leopard, all my printer settings were lost and even though it seems to be a simpler and easier process to set up a windows printer in leopard than in tiger, it doesnt work! I've been going through the process over and over again and i can't get it to work. Am I missing something here? Can someone please help me?

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
EDIT: I've figured it out. I followed the directions that can be found over here. Worked like a charm.

Nick T.

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks Xander!

This was driving me crazy until I found your post.

Knowing how to access the CUPS pages is valuable!

MikeTheCat

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2008
Is there any specific password that you enter for the last step? I can't figure out the password for my XP computer, I've enabled the guest account, the regular account, and I even created a new account with a password and nothing... Any suggestions?

Nick T.

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
SoCal
It's asking you to give it permission to write to the Apple computer, so you need to enter an administrator's name and password.

MikeTheCat

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2008
Yes, I would figure this, but my Administrator account has the username "Owner" with no password. I type this in to the CUPS page and it just doesn't work. None of the accounts work on the computer with CUPS, but if I mount the C drive and use that username and password it works flawlessly.

EDIT: Maybe I should explain what's going on here a little better, because I don't know if people understand. I have a Samsung CLP-500 printer, and I got the newest drivers from the Samsung website. When I set up the printer using SAMBA, everything seems like it works, except for when I actually print something, it says "Please use correct driver." Then I tried a generic pot-script driver, and it didn't work at all. Anybody have any help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.