Windows problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by SuperMiguel, Jul 30, 2012.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

I just installed windows on my MBA thats running Mountain lion using bootcamp and it was very very slow... is there a problem with MLion and Windows?

2. Isira macrumors newbie

3. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya i did, and its not a problem with montain lio. Becuase i just wiped my system, installed Lion, used boot camp, installed windows 7 32 bit, installed the drivers and when ever i try to boot to it i just get a blinking cursor on the top left side of the screen for about 2 min, then it boots, and when it does its very slow...

4. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

Did you partition sufficient space for Windows? It seems to run slow without a decent amount of available disk space sometimes.

This is from just using a PC. I use Parallels and it is fast (with only 2GB ram) so I figure it should be fast on BC as well.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Is it a 2011 or 2012? Also, did you update any other drivers? For instance, in 2011 there was a known issue when people attempted to install the HD 3000 graphics drivers from Intel's site vs. the ones created by Boot Camp Assistant. Slow boot times were a symptom.

If you haven't done much with Windows yet, perhaps delete the partition and try again. If you have done a lot, consider making a backup with Winclone 3.4 and trying again.

6. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

like i said i formated my entired machine and installed osx lion and re installed windows 7 using boot camp, i used the drivers created by boot camp..

Also it is a 200gb partition.. i tried with 100 and 50 to see if that was the problem

7. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

I apologize if this question offends you, but do you have a legitimate license for your copy of Windows? Also, what version of Windows is it, as in home, professional, enterprise, etc.?

Copies downloaded from shady sources are known to have issues.

8. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

If it was over 40-50gb for the windows partition that should be sufficient. I have zero experience with BC within the last few years so good luck.

If you do figure it out make sure to post what fixed the issue!

9. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

ultimate.. Yup legit copy

10. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

After installation, did you download all of the latest Windows updates?