windows question - finger print reader software

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JW8725, Oct 1, 2008.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I've got a Lenovo laptop running Vista returned to me. I did give it away at one point. Anyway I completely reformatted the hard drive, installed a fresh version of Vista and installed all the drivers - including the one for the finger print reader.

Now I need the software. Can anyone recommend something for me? Thanks

2. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok 30 mins or so later update:

I consulted my dear friend Google.

Lenovo do not keep the finger print reader software on their product downloads for whatever reason I don't know. Maybe because its not free and is third party, namely Omnipass.

I had a scoot around and found that LG have it on their website and so I downloaded the one from their. I checked the version on the Lenovo site against the LG site and they were both identical.

The reason I was able to check versions on the Lenovo site and not actually download from Lenovo was cos those fools only have the update utility for Omnipass on there and not the full working version.

Well least its problem solved. Now if I had Apple I wouldnt need to be looking for third party kak would I. Lesson learnt, Lenovo sucks....etc.

p.s. still waiting on the darn macbooks. Wish they would hurry up so that I can buy one for me and the missus.