Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daigled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Hello, i'm new to the site.

Was hoping someone here could help.

I've had Boot Camp on my iMac for a while now, but just last night and still today every time I boot to windows, right after I select the user it restarts the whole computer back to OSX.

I have no idea whats going on or how to fix it.

Also, everytime I start windows my bluetooth keyboard has to be turned off then back on and reconnected, but only for windows. Is there something i'm missing so I can avoid having to do this?

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
I had a similar Windows restarting on boot problem after Parallels jacked up my Windows install.

I tried many things such as Windows restore and the repair console, even reinstalling Windows on top of itself without luck. So I ended up formatting and started over. It was a very frustrating day that day. :mad:

My lesson learned: Don't let Parallels f*ck with your boot camp partition. :eek:

daigled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
I had a similar Windows restarting on boot problem after Parallels jacked up my Windows install.

I tried many things such as Windows restore and the repair console, even reinstalling Windows on top of itself without luck. So I ended up formatting and started over. It was a very frustrating day that day. :mad:

My lesson learned: Don't let Parallels f*ck with your boot camp partition. :eek:

I don't run parallels :(

daigled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
I think I may have a virus on the windows side of my machine. Is there a way I can do a safe mode startup? or even run a virus scan from the OSX side to scan XP?

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
I think I may have a virus on the windows side of my machine. Is there a way I can do a safe mode startup? or even run a virus scan from the OSX side to scan XP?

After you select the Windows disk at the boot loader selection, continually press F8 and Windows will give you an option to boot into various modes.

daigled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
well I managed to boot in safe mode and run my anti-virus software which produced no infections ... it's still restarting everytime I select the user when I boot to XP, I have no idea what to do

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.