Windows Restarting

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by daigled, Aug 30, 2007.

1. daigled macrumors newbie

Hello, i'm new to the site.

Was hoping someone here could help.

I've had Boot Camp on my iMac for a while now, but just last night and still today every time I boot to windows, right after I select the user it restarts the whole computer back to OSX.

I have no idea whats going on or how to fix it.

Also, everytime I start windows my bluetooth keyboard has to be turned off then back on and reconnected, but only for windows. Is there something i'm missing so I can avoid having to do this?

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I had a similar Windows restarting on boot problem after Parallels jacked up my Windows install.

I tried many things such as Windows restore and the repair console, even reinstalling Windows on top of itself without luck. So I ended up formatting and started over. It was a very frustrating day that day. :mad:

My lesson learned: Don't let Parallels f*ck with your boot camp partition. :eek:

3. daigled thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't run parallels :(

4. daigled thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I may have a virus on the windows side of my machine. Is there a way I can do a safe mode startup? or even run a virus scan from the OSX side to scan XP?

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

After you select the Windows disk at the boot loader selection, continually press F8 and Windows will give you an option to boot into various modes.

6. daigled thread starter macrumors newbie

well I managed to boot in safe mode and run my anti-virus software which produced no infections ... it's still restarting everytime I select the user when I boot to XP, I have no idea what to do

7. michael85 macrumors newbie

Same problem here!

Question : How do I format my BootCamp partition (Windows), and reinstall it?

,Thanks

8. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Boot from your Windows install CD and re-run, one of the steps is to format the partition. Make sure you select the correct partition (usually labeled C: ).