Windows restarts while trying to run it

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Armando Ramos, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Armando Ramos macrumors newbie

Hello, I used to work on Windows normally without any problem but recently when I press the switch button on the mac so I can choose the Windows HD my computer restarts, it tries to load windows but ends restarting, I thought that maybe the partition died or something but I can see that everything is still in it's place ( From mac I click on Windows HD and I still see it's content) .

Any ideas of what could this be? Thanks in advance.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Try holding down F8 (possibly fn-F8) as soon as windows tries to start to try to boot in Safe Mode.

B

4. Armando Ramos thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys thanks for the help, no blue screen appears, just when I choose Windows HD a message appears and says that Windows may not have been well closed and that there was an error, and so it give me several options, including the safe mode, but no matter what option I choose it tried to load and then failures and just restarts, it appears the Windows XP screen and tried to load and then restarts, it's real weird, any other ideas guys ? Thanks a lot for the help i really apreciate it.

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

That means you had a bluescreen and windows automatically restarted. Try safe mode

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Well now that we have established that safe mode doesn't work... ;) It's probably not a driver issue, 'cause safe mode will use generic drivers.

I seem to recall there was a boot option for a logged boot. You could try that and then post the log from OS X we might be able to see something from that.

B

7. Armando Ramos thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry man but I couldn't understand very well, what do you mean about a logged boot? I'm so sorry , I hope you can explain me again, thanks a lot for the help !!

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

9. Armando Ramos thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry to bother you again guys but I haven't been able to fix this problem and I'm really desperated because I return to University this Monday and I use Windows a lot :(

I did the boot log process and I've noticed that a lot of drivers don't load, but there is something important to say , when I chose this option the Windows Start didn't fail, I was able to use Windows almost as normally, except for some applications and Internet , I thought it was fixed, so I restarted to try to run Windows normally this time, but the problem is still there.

In other words, I can only enter Windows when I press Fn-f8 and choose enable boot log, otherwise than that it keeps restarting at the Start Up, I also noticed that before Windows fails to run, a BLUE SCREEN appears real quick, just like ayeying told me before, what should I do now?

Thanks for your help !!

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You could post your boot log. Someone here might see something in it that shows a known problem.

B

11. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

+1

We can't do anything if we don't know the problem. Bluescreen tells the error but since it restarts so fast, we dont know the problem. Too much possibilities