Windows Server 2008 on Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bluewhite4, Sep 11, 2008.

1. bluewhite4 macrumors member

So I recently bought a second Mac Mini to try out Windows Server 2008 Std. on. I've gotten it installed with really no major fuss, just a few sticking points afterwards. It seems to be missing 3 drivers for "unknown" devices, does anyone have any suggestions on those? Also, it has a driver for the wireless adapter, says that its properly installed and working, but is unable to see my local Wifi network (even though I have 2 other Macs connected to that network). Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks!

2. jmcmunn macrumors newbie

I am looking to do the same thing, did you ever figure out the driver issues? I currently have Vista Ultimate on mine, and everything works well except blue tooth. Won't those same drivers work in Server 2008?

3. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

I was able to get Server 2008 to work on a Macbook Pro. If they use the same airport module then you'll need the Atheros 7.3.1.42 driver module.

You can get them from here:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/143657

You MUST install these through the device manager though. You should be able to use google to figure out how to do that