Windows Server 2008 R2 Bootcamp Drivers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rosser, Aug 15, 2013.

1. rosser, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

rosser macrumors newbie

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro 13" and I just installed Windows Server 2008 R2, but I can't get the WiFi to work. Even if I install the drivers from boot camp. I also can't get sound, and a red light is coming out of the headphone jack. Anybody know how to fix these? I have the drivers for the keyboard and the Volume, brightness, keyboard brightness, etc working though, as well as Graphics.

EDIT: I stuck a paper clip in the headphone jack as I read on another forum and the light is off but I still don't have sound.

2. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

I didn't check but I don't think Windows server 2008 R2 is officially supported with Bootcamp. You better run it in VM under VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion or Parallels...

3. rosser thread starter macrumors newbie

BootCamp let me install it though.. In OS X when it said insert Windows installation disc I put in my 2008 disc and it installed if that means anything.

4. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

5. jwoodfin2012 macrumors newbie

Have you checked Windows Update by chance? If you connect over Ethernet it may just find the other drivers!

6. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

By "not officially supported", I mean if there is any issue, you are on your own...

Just out of curiosity, why do you need to boot into 2008 R2 server? You can do that in a VM and have Mac OS X as the main OS, which is more pleasant than Win 2008 R2 server...

7. guna63 macrumors newbie

It works for me except the Wi-Fi

I integrated Boot Camp drivers into 'install.esd' and installed. Remaining drivers installed from Boot Camp 'drivers folder. It works fine for me except the Wi-Fi.

I noticed the chipset driver is not getting installed.

Refer to respective Bootcamp version. That has the drivers.

I need this for installing Oracle Cloud.

8. ha1o2surfer macrumors 6502

2008R2 and Windows 7 will use the exact same drivers so the last steps is to enable all those features as they are disabled in Server 2008RR by Default. Just do a quick google search on instlling the Wifi role and enabling the audio service.

9. guna63 macrumors newbie

Windows server 2008 r2 works fine with MBP

Enabled WiFi from server manager. It works fine. All are working fine.