Windows Service Pack 3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seanb814, Jun 21, 2010.

1. seanb814 macrumors newbie

OK, so I was going to just use my semi new mbp for my iphone4 when it comes but I'm having a difficult time transferring everything from my pc and 3G to my mbp. So if I decided to update my 3G before my 4 arrives and when I eventually recieve my 4, I need to update my Windows Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3. I'm having a difficult time doing this. I use firefox all the time and when Windows Update Manager automatically take me to Internet Explorer, it's all weird and what not. Is there any way to update to Service Pack 3 through firefox? Also if I chose to update to Service Pack 3 manually, is it difficult to do? I don't know that much about computers but I know enough...I feel

thank you!

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

IE is used for system updates on Microsoft's website. You'll have to muscle through it.

3. seanb814 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thank you! I probably need to update IE since I haven't used it in a while. DO you think that will make the process a bit smoother?

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It should come up in Windows Update, I think.

5. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

6. seanb814 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I'm at work right now but I just checked that site and it says for IT Pro's, I'm just a 21 year old with a little bit more than normal pc/mac knowledge. Will I basically just download and click install, if I do downlaod that package?! lol sorry if I sound a little dumb!

7. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

yep. it'll just work. Since Microsoft goes for the exceptionally dumb crowd, you fit into their "IT Pros" category by merely "sounding a little dumb." :)