Windows Setup Freeze [XP]

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Joo, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Joo macrumors newbie

Partitioning works fine through Boot Camp, then the computer resets to the blue screen of Windows Setup. Following the setup options, formatting the drive works fine (I have done both NTFS and FAT32). It then goes through the file copying with no problems. At the end of this, the computer restarts and goes to the Windows Installation portion. At this point, my computer always freezes and never makes it further. Setup always has "approximately 39 minutes remaining" until it completes. I have let the computer sit for 2 hours with nothing advancing. The drive seems to be making a clicking noise at this point each time as if it can't read the disc.

The only other threads I seem to find about freezing are during the initial Setup portion where Windows formats etc. before the actual install.

I am running Boot Camp on a MBP w/ a legit copy of Windows XP Home incl. SP2. I have used the disc before (on a PC, not a Mac) and it worked fine. Nothing is plugged into USB/Firewire ports, so...

Any help or advice? :/

2. Jaydhil24 macrumors member

That really sucks I hope someone will be able to help you. Vista 32 home premium used to freeze on we but not during the installation. I had a problem with Norton 360 and vista on a mac now I am using trend micro instead and bootcamp runs perfectly.

Wish you the best of luck hope you are able to figure out the problem.