Windows sleep type on mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mobius 1, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

So there's this article about making your MBP sleep faster with "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0" command

It basically keeps RAM content on RAM chip instead writing to disk. So you can move the laptop around faster (not wait for sleepimage to be written)

Is there any way i can enable this in Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit bootcamp mode?

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Windows used to always defaults to this way I believe. All you have to do is disable hybrid sleep in the power settings.
    Windows knows the same modes it just calls them differently.

3. Timur macrumors 6502a

Timur

"Sleep" is RAM sleep and "Hybernate" is HD hybernate on Windows. Pretty obvious! :p

Once your battery runs dry both OS X and Windows will use Hybernate (unless it's turned off) to keep your data from getting lost out of RAM. They will even wake up your laptop from sleep to do that.

4. Mobius 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

uh, so sleep is hibernatemode 0 and hibernate is hibernatemode 3? (saves RAM to disk)

5. Timur macrumors 6502a

Timur

The common names are "Suspend-to-RAM" and "Suspend-to-DISC", but I guess yes, what you said. ;)

6. Mobius 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

so basically go to power preferences and select suspend to ram and select suspend to RAM?

7. Timur macrumors 6502a

Timur

Nope, just click START -> then on the arrow right to SHUT DOWN and choose either Sleep or Hybernate from the menu. In power-options you can also setup any of these to be the default action for the SHUT DOWN button (which will change name accordingly). And you can setup after what idle time sleep or hybernate should kick in.

8. Mobius 1 thread starter macrumors 6502