Windows still booting when uninstalled.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Edwardz, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Edwardz macrumors regular

Hello.

I am not too knowledgeable in Windows on a Mac, so my thread topic might not be related to my issue. I installed Windows on my MBP yesterday, and decided I don't even want Windows on my Apple computer. I read the manual on "how to uninstall Windows," and I thought I did it 100% correctly. However, every time that I boot up my MBP, it goes to the Windows blank, ugly screen and says on top this: "No bootable disc inserted, press any key once inserted." That might not be word to word, but that's pretty much what it says. Why is it still doing this? I have to press my ALT button every time when I start up my Mac to boot into OS X. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!.

-K

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It sounds like you still have the Windows partition. To restore you mac back to a single partition boot into OSX and open up Boot Camp Assistant in your utilities folder and Select the Option "Create or Remove a Windows Partition". Then it will should say 'Click restore to remove windows partition ..."

This will revert your computer back to one single partition which is what, from the sounds of what you have been saying, is what you want to do.

Trying to cover all bases

Did you want a partition for another OS? If you did but want to default boot into OS X then go to System Preferences - Startup Disk then select your OSX partition. This will mean it naturally boots to OSX and you can then press the option button to get to the other partition.