Windows support software download

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by turbotoes, Jul 26, 2011.

1. turbotoes macrumors regular

Hi all, can someone who has installed windows 7 via bootcamp please tell how how big the support software download was? As I've been waiting for it to finish for nearly two hours and am getting a bit bored now :confused:

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The entire USB install key is shy of 4GB, but that includes the Windows install files. It's probably a couple hundred MB. Unless you're connected with a 14K baud modem, I'd say something is wrong.

3. turbotoes thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh, I thought it was being a little tardy for a bunch of drivers! I've done the install separately and that only took about 15 minutes to build, so this is just the download and burn of the support files. I'll stop it and reboot all and start again.

Thanks for the reply

4. turbotoes thread starter macrumors regular

It's finally finished, my windows support folder is 682mb. That's why it took so damn long. Still windows is now installed and I'm just rebooting after installing the support package hoorah!

Tara

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Sweet! What version of Windows are you installing? How much space did you give your partition? I started with 125Gb and realized that was too much. I now have 50. I did Win7 Pro 32 bit. I also installed Parallels and am using the BootCamp install inside a VM. It runs very smooth.

6. turbotoes thread starter macrumors regular

I've got the 128gb drive so I've split in it half for now. The MBA will be my "travelling about while fixing computers laptop". So I don't need to store lots of data on it, it's just the two OS's (seven ultimate 64 bit and Lion) and mobile access to the interweb, and access to my troubleshooting bug fixing drives.

I have to say so far apart from aggro caused by slooooww Internet access, I'm very impressed by the beast.
    I can't wait to get all the installing and patching and stuff done so I can have a play on it:)

Tara