After six months of using OSX now I wanted to share some ramblings from a recent Windows convert. Please fix me if Im wrong and feel free to add: Like about OSX: No more drive letter prefix. OSX just uses a label for each device. Windows does this too but theyre always preceded by a letter designation starting with C. (The letters A: and B: were reserved to denote archaic floppies back in the day). The problem I had with was when booting up external devices on Windows they would often show up with a different drive letter assignment for each one. This plays havoc for software that looks specifically for a given drive. Plug in a memory card along with a thumb drive and youre just asking for confusion. Dislike about OSX: Its just so damned mouse happy. Call Windows whatever you want but OSX is no match for its keyboard interface with hotkeys and Alt key combinations. This is by far my biggest beef with the Mac. If youre a keyboard junkie like me (translation: too lazy or inept to use the rodent) then you really need to evaluate all the other things you like about a Mac and decide if they outweigh this defect in navigating menus and dialog boxes. Ive managed to figure out (or add) various keyboard shortcuts to do about 90% of what I need but that remaining 10% is sorely missed. (Like the ability to toggle radio buttons and checkboxes without using the mouse). But of course theres nothing you can do if an application is coded a bit on the stupid side. (e.g. iCal doesnt use the right/left arrow keys to navigate). So Im still struggling with this right now, Ive got my Finder set to get focus by pressing Cmd+/. This at least gets me to the menu bar where I have to pound on the right/down arrow keys to get where I want to go. (Yeah, the track pad is only an inch away but Im lazy, remember?) I also have my dock configured to pop up when pressing Cmd+Enter then I can gleefully arrow left or right to choose the application. Like about OSX: No viruses. This goes without saying and I really dont want to get into this now. If market share positions were reversed maybe OSX would have some problems in this area (although not on the same scale as Windows Im sure). Its just kind of nice to fly, under the malicious hacker radar right now. Like about OSX: The Finders Column View. I hated this at first but soon realized it was an alternative to OSXs inability to sort files in list view with the Folders grouped together. It also keeps things simple and uncluttered for me. Like about OSX: Installing and uninstalling applications. This really blew me away. Most apps are standalone files that dont litter your drive with dozens of other files needed to run them after an install. Yes, there are OSX packages that install things in your library and document folders without your knowledge but this is nothing like Windows which also has the infamous system registry. And I certainly dont miss System Restore one bit. This always bothered me that Microsoft had to build in a band-aid application to protect you from its weaknesses. Dislike about OSX: Cant maximize a window. The Zoom feature just doesnt cut it for me. When youre working on a 13 screen you want that window to occupy every inch. I did set up a universal Zoom shortcut but I get mixed results when I use it. And inversely speaking theres no way for OSX to minimize all windows and reveal the desktop. (I had to get a third party app for this). Maybe its just me, but my workflow hinges around a cluttered desktop and I often need to get there fast. Like about OSX: Applications just run better. I have nothing to back this up but it just seems they have more snap to them even compared to their equivalents on Windows XP. (I'm not talking about games). Running a half dozen CPU intensive mac apps in 4gb memory just doesnt phase my lowly macbook. Like about OSX: Time Machine. It simply works. Like about OSX: Built in PDF creator and reader. I certainly dont miss bloatware like Adobe Acrobat. What version are they on now 308.7? Dislike about OSX: The Finder menubar. NOT the fact it exists it just seems to be on my screen when it shouldnt be like when closing a folder window only to have the underlying application appear with the Finders menubar still there. This gets annoying when youre Cmd-Tabbing through a bunch of windows and have to go through another keystroke/mouse click to give your application focus. (Hard to explain). All in all, Im satisfied with my switch but I wont gloss over the shortcomings of OSX for me. But unless Win7 will clean out my garage, clip my toenails and pick up my dog's crap from the neighbor's yard I'll most likely remain a Mac convert. My choice for choosing a mac had a lot to do with hardware reliability, customer support and stability though. Its hard for me to make a decision based soley on the Operating System which many people do.