Windows Touch on a Mac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by comandnatedick, Oct 26, 2009.

1. comandnatedick macrumors newbie

Hello, and thanks for any help that anyone can give me in advance.

I have owned quite a few iPods over the years, and currently have a Touch (2nd gen). My daughter has a 2nd gen Touch, and my wife has a 1st gen Touch.

We have always had PC's, and this coming weekend are going to be making the jump to Mac, with the purchase of a Mini Mac.

The one thing I am concerned about is transfering our iTunes library to the new Mini Mac.

My first question is, if everything has been already done on a PC, is it going to transfer to a Mac (music, video, and album titles, song titles ect...).

Then if thats not a problem, then what is the best way to do it. My iTunes library is quite large (around 50 gigs), while my daughters is small (8 gigs), and my wifes is small (about 20 gigs).

I think I could just use Senuti and upload their libraries from their iPods, but am more concerned about mine. I have tried to back my library up onto DVD's, but the process keeps producing errors.

I do not have an external drive (and dont want to go for the expense of one just to transfer my music), so is my only option to only be able to save 32 gigs of my library?

Once again, thanks for any help and sorry for rambling.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member