Windows users and iPhones question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OttawaGuy, Jun 29, 2010.

1. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

Hi,

We have several macs, but my wife only uses her windows 7 pc. I'm giving her my 3G iOS 4 iPhone. (unlocked/jb)

My question is what will using an iPhone and windows be like? Can she leverage any of the goodness out of this combination?

Are there any tool or apps that can smooth the way?

Thanks for your assistance.

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

I've been using an iPhone with Windows for 3 years. First with XP Professional, now with Vista. My son uses my old original iPhone with Windows 7.

Pictures can be imported easily with the Scanner and Camera Wizard, iTunes works great. For contacts and calendars, she would need a supported application, such as Outlook. For contacts she can use the free included Windows Mail (I believe that is what it is called in Windows 7), but the free calendar is not supported for syncing. She can however, use Google to sync that information if she wants.

I have no issues in using my iPhone 3G with iTunes or the iPhone. I'm quite happy with the combination. I have Outlook, so it takes care of contacts and calendar and notes. I just wish there was a native app that handled the To Do list a little better.

3. OttawaGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy