Windows Video Card Solely for boot camp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Truz21, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Truz21 macrumors member

I have a quick question.

I have a mac pro octo and have recently installed boot camp onto it. It runs amazingly, but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to buy the latest and greatest pc video card and install the latest windows drivers for it in boot camp. I know it won't in OSX but it should just work in windows right?

I think it would be a great way to give my gaming a boost in boot camp. All I use boot camp for is gaming, and the machine has been handling everything i throw at it (was playing the quake wars demo yesterday quite smoothly.

So I would probably get a dvi switch box or kvm switch to have both cards running to my monitor. Anyone ever accomplished this?

2. Truz21 thread starter macrumors member

Anyone know anything about this? I am contemplating do this rather than building a separate gaming machine.

3. exodar macrumors newbie

I was wondering this SAME thing today! I just can't bring myself to own a PC because I just hate the hardware, but the games I love to play are all PC only. Boot Camp is a great option, but the video cards on the Mac just aren't the best out there.

Someone out there has to have tried this...