Windows Vista Drivers without Leopard Disk

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by patmort02, Dec 28, 2008.

1. patmort02 macrumors member

I recently received a copy of windows vista for christmas this year, but I forgot my leopard disk at college. Basically that leaves me with a very lame copy of vista since it doesn't have any of the drivers needed. Is there any other way to install the bootcamp drivers other than using a Mac OSX Leopard install disk?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can search the Internet for non-Apple drivers made for Windows in Boot Camp. Some of them are better than the Apple drivers, but there are also some features (a lot of the trackpad stuff, if you have a laptop) for which you need the Apple drivers. Good luck.

3. spazattack674 macrumors regular

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but if you go to:
    Applications>Utilities>Right Click Boot Camp Assistant>Show Package Contents>Resources>DiskImage.dmg, the disk should mount as "Mac Drivers" and you should find a bunch of .exe files that look like the Windows drivers.

4. alex242 macrumors member

5. superkuju macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, no disk image file! Have you found a solution?

6. unitethenations macrumors member

7. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

This is a big annoyance with me. Why won't Apple just let you download the drivers from the site rather than hunting-down the restore discs (in my case) that came with the machine? That's a huge PITA, especially when I still have to go download the 2.1 update from their site.

I wish they'd just host the drivers on the site so I don't have to slum torrents and other places of dubious legality just to get drivers to use Bootcamp.

Mike

8. spazattack674 macrumors regular

Well, that's weird. I checked the path and there's definitely a DiskImage.dmg in that folder on my computer. I'm on a Rev. A MacBook, I don't know if that makes a difference. But, the best solution at this point is to look online.

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Torrent the latest 2.1 Boot Camp drivers. It's not illegal since drivers are free and there are no companies that charge you in order to download their drivers for hardware like graphics cards, sound cards, etc.

10. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I agree. I remember when I lost my Leopard disk, I just found a torrent for the BootCamp drivers. Very useful. Although I don't own a Mac anymore :p