Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on an iMac 12,1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Morshu, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Morshu macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I need some help getting the aforementioned OS running on my iMac 12,1. I'm looking to run a windows only online game on my iMac, and I realize that this is not supported by apple (only windows 7 64 bit is, but I don't have a disc/product key for that version). I only really need the AirPort and graphics drivers to get this set up the rest of the way. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 6750m and the AirPort card is an Atheros 9380. Any help on getting these drivers set up would be greatly appreciated.

2. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Check amd's website for the 6750m. There should be a download. If you can't find that exact card any 6 series radeon driver should install though. If it doesn't you can manual install it using device Manager. Both windows 7 and vista drivers will work for vista. They are essentially the same driver.
    Heres the win vista/7 32bit driver for the 6000m series.
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-32.aspx

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=44&system=5

Try this one for the wireless.

3. Morshu thread starter macrumors newbie

4. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Yes, Vista and Windows 7 are the same.

5. Morshu thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, so I ended up using a USB WiFi adapter because I couldnt get the internal wifi working. Now when I run the AMD Catalyst mobility version 12.1 it says that I don't contain the proper graphics adapter. Any ideas anyone?

6. Morshu thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I ended up downloading the Bootcamp drivers from AMD's website which enabled the graphics card fully (5.9 in WEI and now it allows 1080 res.) but it says that there are 5 monitors?? :confused: Anyways now I need to get the sound to work. In device manager it's just called High Definition Audio Device. Any ideas/questions?

7. rossip macrumors regular

Try using the mobile drivers from amd's website, not the bootcamp ones. Also, you should be able to install the drivers bootcamp burns to disc. If a message comes up saying this version of windows is not supported, there is a way to force it. Search the disc for a .exe that's something like bootcamp_32 and run it as an administer and it should install. I can't remember the exact path and file name.