Windows Vista on the New Aluminum Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jon4lakers, Oct 19, 2008.

1. jon4lakers macrumors regular

I continue to be extremly impressed with the new MB's performance in both OS X and now Vista. I did a quick Vista scoring, and the MB (2.4Ghz) received a 5.2 out of 5.9, which is higher than the stock Dell XPS 1330 or 1530. I made a short video to prove the results. Please let me know if you have any questions, and post your results and experiences.

VIDEO

- Jon

2. MGLXP macrumors regular

Wow...that's an impressive score for a laptop. Do you mind posting the breakdown of the score? Thanks.

3. jon4lakers thread starter macrumors regular

Check out the video, it breaks down all the individual scores.

4. Alx9876 macrumors 6502

Alx9876

Great video Jon. I have watched most of your videos since you bought the new iMac. That particular video pretty much pushed me over the edge to go buy one myself. Keep up the good work.
    :)

5. Philflow macrumors 65816

I enjoyed that video John. thanks.

Very good score indeed. 5.2 for Aero performance is very good, my sony Z 9300GS with 128MB dedicated only scores 4.4.

6. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

Would someone with a 2.0 GHz Macbook PLEASE post a Vista score? I'm really interested in the performance differences on new Macbooks with Vista.

7. guzzlamiamor macrumors member

Has anyone done this yet? I want to factor this into my decision to purchase the new Macbook.

8. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Great video, Jon. I always enjoy your YouTube videos. Here is my question. If you'd rather install XP via BootCamp, if your XP disc is pre SP2, will it not work to install? You said it has to be SP2. Why is that exactly? Also, do updates work for Vista and/or XP running on the Mac? I haven't got my MacBook yet, or else I would know this already I'm sure. Thanks!

9. Sarah Palin macrumors newbie

i watched for 5 seconds. then i closed it. not interested in your showing off.

10. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

LOL.. I kinda thought that too since he mentioned being in graduate school in both of the only two videos I've watched.

11. oc2pus macrumors member

What's wrong with that? (not that one, haha).

12. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

Nothing's wrong with being in grad school. I just LOL'd because it was the first thing he mentioned in both videos, so it seemed like he wanted everyone to know it.

13. budkid macrumors regular

+1

14. Skyldig macrumors regular

This is impressive. My current laptop scores 4,0 in Vista, with gaming graphics at 4,6. The ddr3 ram in the new Macbook ofcause gets a very high rating. The graphics of 5,4 and 5,3 is impressive too however. I expected 4,9-5,1 max, so this is huge a step up.

15. Vividarium macrumors newbie

According to this the P7350 of the 2,0 MacBook scores with 4,9. Since the components of the MacBooks only differ by the processor the other scores should be the same.

16. budkid macrumors regular

thanks..

17. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

Very interesting...thanks for posting that. I'm going to install Vista, I've been happy with it as an OS on my desktop. There are certain things that are just so much easier on Vista than OS X. Nice to have both options.