Windows Vista - Tap Click?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sruf, Aug 14, 2008.

1. sruf macrumors newbie

Hi,

i've just installed my triple-boot-system on my macbook pro and my touchpad is working fine in ubuntu and osx with full functionality.

but i can't seem to get tap clicking working under windows vista. i do not have any touchpad options in control panel - mouse, but the touchpad recognizes 2 finger click with the button (=right click).

i've updated the apple multitouch drivers and also installed the newest synaptic drivers for touchpad but this resulted in a non-working-touchpad at all (not even the mousepointed moved anymore).

does anyone know how to get tap-click working under windows vista with a macbook pro (should be model "penryn")?

any suggestion would be great! :)

Thanks,

Sebastian

2. Fabiano macrumors regular

At the moment the drivers from Apple doesn't make it possible. And seems like they are not making even a little effort to do so.

Also there is no 3rd part driver that work with the MBP Trackpad, as far as I know. Its not Synaptics, its Apple proprietary technology.