Windows XP 64 on my Mac Tower of Power HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by FrancoG, May 24, 2009.

1. FrancoG macrumors newbie

FrancoG

I have Windows xp64 running on it's own drive and it is working fine. BUT there are a few corky things going on.

1. All but one usb is working on the windows side"on the OSX side there fine".

2. I have to use my IMac usb keyboard instead of the key board that came with my Tower of Power which is a usb as-well.

3. I really need my 3 but mouse for 3DS Max rather then the mighty mouse thats working at the moment. I installed the drivers for the 3 button mouse, but the usb is not reading the mouse when I plug it in.

4. I can't get my Wacom to work, even with the proper drivers. It's an intous 2, this could all related tp the usb issues I'm having.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

Did you install the drivers on your leopard/Macpro disc?

3. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

I thought I did, is there one that I might have missed. I did download a BootCamp64.exe that "equis.zero" posted. But it gave me a windows error when I attempted to install it.

4. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

Edit the bootcamp MSI installer with an editor like Orca, and on the LaunchConditions change all VersionNT=600 to >=600, then it should run.

EDIT
    But first you have to extract the exe with Winrar

5. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

6. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

I found it I have edited the Bootcamp and the Bootcamp64 with orca and it didn't work. Do you think you can e-mail the file you used.

7. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

This is obviously a work around to use Vista 64 drivers. Apple decided not to support XP 64 as it runs on a completely different code base which is server 2003. I used XP 32 to identify all devices and got drivers for most by the original device manufacturers for my MBP. This work around for the Vista drivers sounds good though.

Vista 64 drivers appeared on Leopard DVDs from early 2008 and version 10.5.5 I believe. You will find the Bootcamp64.msi file somewhere in the driver folder. If you download Bootcamp 2.1 (Vista 64) files they will not install unless you have installed 2.0 prior. Some late 2008 and 2009 Leopard DVDs will give you Bootcamp 2.1 as a initial install. Those disks will not necessitate a 2.1 update download obviously.

8. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

Hi Guys, thank you for all the suggestions and help. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I still can't my wacom working and all the other usb to recognize any devices. If some one can give my a step by step of what to do I would greatly appreciate it.

9. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

There is no official driver support for XP 64. So you should not expect a step by step process. If you want those drivers you have to find them one by one or modify the vista drivers.

10. POLOgt macrumors member

POLOgt

http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

I didn't have one hitch when installing x64 Windows on my Mac Pro,
    Make sure you did everything in the instructions first :)

11. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

I did follow that, but for some reason my usbs are not reading any other device but my keyboard. Not to mention It won't allow me to install the proper driver for my wacom. Do you happen to know what I can do to get these issues fixed, I'm really in a jam. Is there any trouble shooting that I should do that isn't covered in the document?

12. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

Well I'm at my wits end,I don't know what else I could do. After all the was suggested I still can't get my usbs to read anything except the one that my IMac keyboard is pluged into.

A last resort is to bite the bullet and buy another os from windows " Vista 64 Ultimate". I realy don't have the bank at the moment, so if someone anyone can help to get my issues resolved with XP-64 I will ship to you a keg Guinness my friend.

13. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

You need to sort out the USB driver issue. So you need to get the apple drivers installed. Or find the USB driver on your own.....

14. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

Do happen to know of what drivers I should be looking for apple or third party?

15. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

16. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

Yep I got service pk2. The page from the link, should download and install the drivers at the end of the post at the bottom of the page?

17. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Get Service pack 3. And yes its the links at the bottom of the page.

18. FrancoG thread starter macrumors newbie

FrancoG

trainguy77, thank you so much for your help and patients ;) I'll bring my tower to work tomorrow and run a software update for both windows and osx, stronger firewall then home. If this doen't work I'm just going to have buy Vista, which would suck. So if this works where do I send the keg? By the Train, I like your avatar. Got a sups, apple icon, and is that the V logo from that awsome show back in the day?

19. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Yeah thats the V for vendetta logo. Somewhere along the way it got corrupted and thats why it has lines and stuff in it. I am glad you like it. And yeah I hope that helps. If not don't give up just yet we may still be able to get it figured out. And you can send the keg to the next canadian you meet. ;)