Windows XP, acts like it forgot 2 years

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by doc4x5, Feb 1, 2014.

1. doc4x5 macrumors member

I've been running Windows XP on my Mac Pro (early 2008) with Parallels 7 for some time without problems. Today, I thought I'd try to just boot from the Windows partition without Parallels since if I want to upgrade to Mavericks, I'll need Parallels 8 or 9 and I thought I might just use Bootcamp if I upgrade.

I restarted the Mac Pro, holding down the option key and saw the choices of drives. I chose Windows and XP booted but it was >2 years out of date. By that I mean it shows Quicken 2010 instead of 2014 which I've been running.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Eric

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Quicken 2010 is an application title and doesn't change with the years.

3. doc4x5 thread starter macrumors member

I think I'm not being clear?

I opened the Quicken 2010 and the last entry was in 2010. Everything else was from 2010 as well. That's the problem.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

So you were making entries into Quicken while using your virtualization software and now that you're in BootCamp none of those entries are there?

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Maybe you had a virtual machine and also a boot camp partition and you've been running on a virtual machine only.