Windows XP continually restarting

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by thedigitalfox, Nov 4, 2007.

1. thedigitalfox macrumors newbie

I have installed windows xp about 4 times (restoring my mac hard drive each time and re-partitioning it), and i can get windows xp to install. after installing, windows works fine. however, the trouble begins as soon as i install the boot camp drivers from the leopard CD. after installing the drivers, i restart into windows. windows logs me in, and about 3 seconds later, it restarts. and restarts. and restarts. i have not been able to figure out what the problem is. any ideas?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. thedigitalfox thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not quite sure how... I am on re-install number 5, and I am going to install the drivers from the leopard CD in a minute.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Boot into Safe Mode -> right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Event Viewer

5. thedigitalfox thread starter macrumors newbie

I will install the drivers and see what happens. Then I will check the logs.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Seems kinda silly to waste all that time reinstalling Windows. I would have used the logs to narrow down what driver or service was causing the restarts.

7. thedigitalfox thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant figure out what it making it crash. When the leopard drivers are not installed, it works. When I install them, the system continually restarts.

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

9. thedigitalfox thread starter macrumors newbie

The only event that I see as an error in any of the logs is T32Time (or something like that) it has to do with windows and how it sets its clock. Other than that, there are no errors.

10. thedigitalfox thread starter macrumors newbie

Someone else is having this problem, and it seems it has something to do with the apple drivers. You might want to read this http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1211850&tstart=0 and see if you can figure anything out. I think the problem is that there is an (or multiple) apple drivers that do not work, or are somehow making the system crash.