Windows XP forum: Need Help with Network Connection; Ethernet to Wireless

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ykzlol, Apr 16, 2011.

1. ykzlol, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

ykzlol macrumors newbie

I'm running windows xp 32 bit on a macbook pro with bootcamp. The other night I needed to connect to ethernet as there was no wireless available where I was. When I plugged the cable in, and I know for a fact it was working, I couldnt get internet. Ethernet was enabled and it even said I was connected, I even recieved a few packets. I spent hours online looking up how to fix the problem and finally figured it out on my own. I literally only had to uncheck a box in a connection tab under wireless and check that same box under ethernet. It worked, but now I'm back at my home with no ethernet and only wireless. The problem is I've forgotten how I found that window where I switched the setting. If anyone could give a list of suggestions as to where I might find such a window it would be immensely appreciated.

*** It was almost like the Network Connections window had been condensed into a list of tabs, from what I remember, with a wireless tab and an ethernet tab and possibly a 1394 connection tab.***

If someone could just reply with a list of all possible windows you can access having to do with network connections/networks, that might do it.

The funny thing is, from what I read online it appeared many people had the same problem I did, not being able to access either ethernet or wireless on windows using bootcamp, but no one had the solution. So having found it I was eager to post it later to help everyone out.

So please, please just jog your memory/knowledge of windows xp for all possible windows/control panels having to do with networking and I would be greatly obliged.

Thanks,
    ykzlol

2. ykzlol thread starter macrumors newbie

late 2009, around november

I've checked the basic places by the way, such as properties for each connection type and advanced settings.