Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonoM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Okay so tommorrow I will be recieving a copy of windows xp home sp3.
At the moment I have boot camp version 2.0. On the apple site it says you need version 2.1 boot camp for service pack 3. I downloaded the update (2.1) on apple's website but it's an .exe file which of course will not open. Am I doing something wrong?:confused: Can I still install sp3 with 2.0?

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2008
Jono, if your installing Windows XP version SP3, NOT 'Updating' your current XP install to SP3, then you download and install the Boot Camp 2.1 Update after you install XP. If your just Updating your current XP install to SP3, then you download and install the Boot Camp 2.1 Update 'before' you instal the SP3 update.

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2008
No worries. Just follow the Boot Camp PDF Guide, it will walk you through it.

As I mentioned in the other post, the only small problem I had was when the Windows install disc would not eject (not uncommon from what I had already read). Thats when I had to resort to keeping my finger pressed on the touchpad as I did a re-start. It re-booted into my new Xp install and ejected the disc.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Boot_Camp_Install-Setup.pdf

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.