Windows XP input/output jack MBP 13"

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by killerham, Sep 12, 2009.

1. killerham macrumors newbie

I don't remember having this issue on Boot camp 2.1, but when i updated to 3.0 I learned that I can't plug input into the jack, it seems it only supports output in windows (thinking that its headphones or something). so i tried uninstalling the 3.0 drivers and installed the 2.1 drivers. Still no luck. So how would I make it so i can switch between input and output on the macbook pro 13"? The reason why i want input is so i can plug in my guitar through line-in. If this sounds confusing, let me know so i can explain it better.

Edit:Also, when i record something, it does it with the built in microphone which i don't want. So if i could disable that, record from the line-in and listen through the speakers that would be wonderful...like I can in OSX. The only reason why i'm not using osx is because I'm using glove-pie to make a pedal out of my guitar hero 2 controller's whammy bar

2. killerham thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

Check under the advanced volume settings, make sure the input volume is not muted. Within the recording program, there should be a way to change the input device. I use Audacity (in OS X) to record acoustic guitar once in a while for ***** and giggles, and with drums I use a mic via line in and there is an option to change input device.

4. killerham thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem is that the input is replaced by the microphone that's built in, and when ever i plug something into the jack, it thinks that its headphones.

5. killerham thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone? help? well, actually i've kind of got it working in osx with crossover, but I have to wait for some snow leopard drivers for the xbox controllers...

6. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

OP where did you get 3.0 drivers? Could you provide a link? thx

7. killerham thread starter macrumors newbie

8. ronnjok macrumors newbie

Vinyls to ipod

i am attempting to take vinyl to ipod by using numark turntable with ipod doc. The turn table is connected to the macbook by usb but each time i load an album to the ez converter software which transfers it to itunes somehow the built in microphone in the macbook records all the external noise in the room how do i correct this