Windows XP Internet Sharing?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bug67, Aug 18, 2008.

1. bug67 macrumors regular

bug67

I need someone who's pretty Windows XP savy for this one. I've posted this question in several places and can't seem to get an answer.

I can do this easily on my Mac laptop but can't figure out for the life of me
    how to make it work in Windows XP.

What I want to do is "share" my wired internet connection by using my
    laptop's wifi as a "broadcaster." On my Mac, it's as simple as going into
    system settings and turning on "Internet sharing." I looked for every
    setting I could think of in Network Connections but just couldn't figure
    anything out. I'm usually pretty good and finding the similarities between
    Mac and PC but, this one's got me stumped. Anybody?

The reason I want to do this is so I can use the laptop as a "wireless" connection for my iPhone. Like I said, I can do it easily on the Mac. My iPhone sees it as just another wireless network. The Mac is on a wired network connected to the Internet and then, through Internet Sharing, is able to broadcast that connection over it's wifi. I don't have my Mac at work, all I have is a PC. It does, however, have built in wifi. If I could just figure out how to make Windows XP do the same thing the Mac does, I'd be golden.

2. bug67 thread starter macrumors regular

bug67

Thanks. Couldn't get it to work. Oh well. I think the wireless card in my PC probably does not support what I'm trying to do.

3. drayon macrumors 6502

Anyone else care to offer help to set up XP to share internet connection from ethernet to computers using WiFi?

This is 4 single and simple mouse clicks on a Mac to share a machines ethernet connection to other machines using WiFi. I've read a million different versions on how to supposedly setup ICS on XP and nothing remotely works.