Windows XP not working on Mac?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Macuser004, May 20, 2011.

1. Macuser004 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have a problem. I tried to install Windows XP on my new Macbook pro 13". It worked perfectly until the computer restarted, the screen went black and it said: "System is inspecting your computer's hardware configurations." It has been staying like this for over 1 hour without any progress. What should I do?

I don't even know how cancel this. How do I log on to my computer now? How do I cancel this "inspection"? I don't want to have XP on my Mac if this happens, and now I don't know how to fix it.

Please help me! :(

Sorry for bad English...

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

If you cannot get back into OS X, restart and then hold down the Option key at the Apple logo. That will give you a option to boot from your Snow Leopard partition.

Not sure what's wrong with your XP install, hopefully someone else can help you with that.

3. Hunts121 macrumors regular

Hunts121

Windows XP support no longer exists for newer macbook pros, I have a running install but none of the drivers load, the disc says you must use windows 7 when I try to put the drivers on from the mac os install disc. The only way to use it is through Parallels or Fusion I believe.