Windows XP OS now won't start with Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Nick12QB, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Nick12QB macrumors member

I'm running the latest update of Leopard and Windows XP SP2 in a 20 GB FAT32 partition, on a 24" iMac Al (Fall 2007).

I've been out of the country for the last 5 months, but when I left my computer, safe and sound at home, XP booted fine with Boot Camp. I had the latest Mac OS software as of August 2008.

Now, I've returned and the first thing I did was Software update and refresh my system. I've tried to boot in Windows, and I got a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner - the operating system doesn't load.

Does anyone know of any software updates that could have affected my Windows installation? I somehow doubt that, without use, the Windows installation managed to screw itself up, but I suppose it is Windows, isn't it?

If anyone has any insights they would be greatly appreciated!

2. MSIDude macrumors newbie

The black screen and cursor means you are stuck in the Windows Loader. What I would do is let it stay there for about 10 minutes or so to make sure that what every is trying to load is truely hung. If it doesn't load in that time period try booting off the XP install disk from the boot picker and repair XP.

- E