Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Hey guys

Does anyone know how Boot camp and pre-activated copies of WIndows Xp are? DO the two mix well?

At my school we can buy these copies called Win XP sp2 Student edition since were students in a special program. This copy is supposed to be used to teach us the installation process of windows Xp on PCS but since i was able to buy one now i was wondering if it will work on my iMac.

ANy ideas??? Oh and BTW I"M NOT A PIRATE!!!! I BOUGHT THIS COPY FROM UNIVERSITY!!!!

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I'd imagine it's just XP Professional anyway, so as long as it has SP2 integrated (it most likely does unless it's a very old disk) then yeah it should work.

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Hey guys

Does anyone know how Boot camp and pre-activated copies of WIndows Xp are? DO the two mix well?

At my school we can buy these copies called Win XP sp2 Student edition since were students in a special program. This copy is supposed to be used to teach us the installation process of windows Xp on PCS but since i was able to buy one now i was wondering if it will work on my iMac.

ANy ideas??? Oh and BTW I"M NOT A PIRATE!!!! I BOUGHT THIS COPY FROM UNIVERSITY!!!!

It'll work fine ;)

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Can i ask why i musn't use to boot camp assistant to start the installation?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Can i ask why i musn't use to boot camp assistant to start the installation?

It looks for the signatures of particular install CDs and won't let you boot from non-retail discs, even though you can generally make it work as long as SP2 is integrated in your install (see the prev. winsupersite link on slipstreaming SP2).

B

stones320

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2007
Installing windows using pre-installed on macbook

what is the cheapest way to install windows xp from a pc that I have the disk separate from the install disk. Can I just use parallels and see if it will install or what is the worst thing that can happen.

If I can't use the above where is the cheapest place to get a windows xp disk

thank you....

berzebut

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
*cowman007 - can you please make a copy of that cd ,and uploade it o rapidshare, filebox.. or on any other uploadsite ?
thx in advanced

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
*cowman007 - can you please make a copy of that cd ,and uploade it o rapidshare, filebox.. or on any other uploadsite ?
thx in advanced

Uh, how about no? This is from 2007. He doesn't even care anymore. He isn't even reading this thread anymore. No one will answer you, and it would be against our rules for them to do so. Epic fail.

berzebut

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
why not, i did not request any serial number ,only the cd image .and by the way i was asking cowman007

berzebut

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
why do you automatically think that i want to fake a serial. how about i have purchused a license, but my cd got scrached beyond use .?

ps .lets end the offtopic

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
why do you automatically think that i want to fake a serial. how about i have purchused a license, but my cd got scrached beyond use .?

ps .lets stop offtoping

Would you steal a car just because you scratched yours? Dude, just quit while you're.. behind.

seb-opp

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
London/Norwich

ps .lets end the offtopic

should have said so in your first post. Anyway, lots of DVD rental and video game stores have disc fixing services which are really cheap and take literally seconds to do. I got a PS2 game fixed with one of those machines and it works perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.