windows XP with Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thesil, Jan 27, 2008.

1. thesil macrumors newbie

I just installed Leopard ( no problems at all; can't understand what all the complaints are about ) and want to partition and use XP. I understand that I need service pack 2. My question is I have the original xp disc with out service pac 2 and i am ordering sp 2 on a separate disc from Microsoft. Will this install work with two separate discs?

Thanks

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

No you need it to have SP2 to install it. It can not be done later. There is a way to combine the disc, however I do not know much about that.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

No is the short answer it all needs to be on one disk try a search on here for slip streaming SP2 onto your disk

4. McGiord, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Many people here in this forum just complains and complains everyday for everything that happens, even is good or bad.
    Anyway there is always people open to help with very good tips and solutions. I think there are more in this category.

You'll need a single SP2 Windows XP CD, however you can use what you have following the slipstreaming process. You'll need a windows pc to do it.

You don't need to buy SP2, you can download the image from Microsoft website for free.

Follow these steps:
    http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

I did that and XP is running smoothly on my MacBook with Leopard via BootCamp and Parallels Desktop.
    ________
    Toyota Alphard history

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I suggest using nLite and here are some instructions.

Some users have had trouble using the command line integration method.

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Im always willing to help out in anyway i can,but i have a genuine reason to moan about leopard and that's my wifi dropouts ran tiger no probs upgraded to leopard
    BAM dropouts

7. thesil thread starter macrumors newbie

xp and leopard

McGiord ,

Thanks for your help. The only problem is that when I go to my PC, it wont let me download sp2 because it is already installed , now what?

Thanks