windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cockneyrebel, Mar 14, 2013.

1. cockneyrebel macrumors newbie

To cut a long story short..how do i get rid of windows from my Apple MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.6 15" A1398 without a cd player,,,is there an idiots guide to do this? dont forget i have never ever used a mac before

2. simsaladimbamba

Is Mac OS X on that Mac and can you boot into it?
    If so:

Maybe this almost click-by-click tutorial can help:
    Images are clickable, as they need to be in thumbnail size due to their width.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4=5, 5=6, 6=7
    [​IMG]

The DVD drive will not be needed during this procedure.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. cockneyrebel thread starter macrumors newbie

boot

thanks for the great reply but how do i get to the boot camp assitant part in the first place? sorry but this is the first time i have ever used a mac

4. simsaladimbamba

Press the power button on the Mac and immediately press the OPTION/Alt key to get to the boot selection screen. From there you should be able to select what OS to boot in, which hopefully is Mac OS X and Windows. You select Mac OS X, wait till the boot finishes and probably cannot login any way.

Hmm, do you have any restore media with that Mac? If so, you could perform a clean install. And it probably still has warranty?

And what about that thread title? You seem to have more than one problem called Windows anyway.