Windows7 instalation problems - Command keys to boot my Mac OS X wont work

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zaang, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Zaang macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

So here's the situation, i got an iMac 27inches and i tryed to install windows 7 by boot camp. So everything goes smooth untill it ends the instalation. When it resets to start windows its just continue in that cicle... So i turn on my mac, it goes to te windows7 promp "Windows Error Recovery" and when i select one of the options "Safe Mode" - "Start Windows normally" it just resets again. And the worst part is that i can't even boot from CD or from my HD. I tryed all the key combinations and nothing. So im a bit stuck here... :confused:

If anyone can help i thank in advance.

2. All Taken macrumors 6502a

I always thought it was the "alt" key (option key) to select a bootable partition and you can also use "C" to boot the Mac OS X dvd.

3. Zaang thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats the problem, it wont let me. I click on "C" key and it wont boot from CD. Just jumps to Windows.

4. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Try holding down the "alt" key when switching on the machine and make sure the mac os dvd is in the drive.

5. Zaang thread starter macrumors newbie

Well can i format just the drive i selected for the instalation of windows7? And i never tryed to do that, i have a PowerPC with me also so that could do the trick?

6. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Yes you can, if you can load the mac os x dvd by holding down "alt" at startup with the dvd already in the imac. Select the DVD and wait for everything to load - choose "utilities" and then "disk utility". Choose the windows partition and format as you please.

7. Zaang thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, im sorry i was talking about the formating my imac, the alt key doesn't work. Neither any other combination keys. Thats why im desperate =/

8. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Then I'm afraid it sounds like a trip to the apple store, have you tried contacting apple support to see if they have a solution?

9. Zaang thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the computer is new :( no, havent tryed yet, but its the next thing ill do...

10. Zaang thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem fixed, it was the keyboard that was broken -.- my dad bought a new keyboard and i puted and the promp apeared. Thanks for the help tho. Have a nice day :)