WindowServer that run on my mac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by stuart2102, May 6, 2012.

1. stuart2102 macrumors regular

stuart2102

WindowServer that run on my mac server for what? when i open my activity monitor i saw it that is running, is it ok if im going to quite the processing of WindowServer to minimize the space of my disk? please advise

2. simsaladimbamba

"WindowServer" is the process to draw the fancy GUI on top of Mac OS X, quitting it would probably bring the computer to a halt and result in nothing for you to see and interact with.

Then there is also this older thread titled "What is WindowServer?" which I found via using a www search engine and the search terms "mac windowserver". That thread I linked to has the following post, in case clicking the link is not possible:

3. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

Thanks for this info i tried to search in the search engine buti cant find so i decided to post it here anyway its a wrong prefix or wordings that i put it there that is why i didnt find the tread but anyway thanks againf for this info im just curious about coz i saw a lot of processing on my imac when i visit Activity monitor and i dont understand what is the function of it hehehe

4. leman macrumors 604

With the way you compose your sentences, I am not surprised :D

5. lorentzyeung macrumors newbie