Windshield iPhone holder w/case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iluvifone, Oct 22, 2010.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

I am looking for a windsheild holder that supports the iPhone 4 WITH a case on (the Speck Pixelskin HD that I got for free from Apple). My price range is up to $50.

I need it to be able to rotate from landscape/portrait easily, since I will be using the GPS often.

Lastly, both iPhone ports need to be accessible, since I will be charging it while it is mounted, as well as listening to music via the jack cable.

I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything that fit those specifications.

Thanks everyone!

2. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I would love this too. Anyone?

3. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

I was checking out eBay (has over a thousand of them!), and I've yet to find one that says "fits with a case on too!".. It's starting to look very doubtful..

Has anyone seen or does anyone have a windshield mount that can support an iPhone 4 with a case on?

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've got this one and love it. Now, I've got the 3GS with an Otterbox Commuter and it works perfectly. But my girlfriend has the iP4 with a Speck Candyshell and it also works perfectly with that.

The arms on either side of the phone are spring-loaded, so your phone just clips into it. the top and bottom are completely open, so none of your ports or speaker/mic will be blocked. And that suction cup isn't going anywhere...trust me on that.

If you check around, you can find it for less than $20. I think I got mine from Buy.com, IIRC.

http://us.kensington.com/html/17813.html

5. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, my dearest KentuckyHouse (mind if I call you KFC? :p )

I watched the video on their website, the only concern I have is, the phone looks a little loose.. I'd be scared of it falling when I drive over a speed bump, etc. How's it holding up for you?

Other than that, it looks perfect.. Satisfies all the conditions i was looking for!

Also, i took a quick look online (ebay, amazon, google), and the cheapest I could find it shipped to canada was $50 from ebay..).. Any other ideas/suggestions where I should look? Would bestbuy have it?

6. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Actually, I had the same worry about it slipping out, but fear not...it hasn't been a problem at all. The insides of the arms have a small rubber insert that helps hold the phone and the arms exert a good amount of pressure on the sides of the case/phone, so I'm certain it isn't going to slip out. I've gone over a bunch of rough patches in the road and the phone doesn't move in the slightest.

I will say it might work better for the 3GS than the 4 only because the arms are rounded out (the square iP4 or iP4 case may not fit in there as well...but it DOES fit).

As far as price goes, here's where I got mine...$22.03 shipped!

http://www.buy.com/prod/kensington-...k-release-cradle-for/q/loc/111/213725115.html

7. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that the exact model that you bought? The two links don't match up, the first (which explicitly mentioned iphone 4) one had model # K39256US, the buy.com one has K39210US, and it does not mention the iPhone 4 at all.

Just checking :)

8. ihonda macrumors 68000

http://www.arkon.com/Windshield_Mount.php

IPM515 : Windshield | Dashboard | Conole Mount for iPhone 4 featuring Arkon Slim-Grip™ Phone Holder is the one to get, if you search the forum there are pictures of it and youtube has review videos

9. Vesian macrumors member

I'm currently using http://us.kensington.com/html/17812.html. Haven't really noticed any benefit from the "voice amplification" feature, but it keeps the iphone where it should go and works with a case.

10. Ess.Pee macrumors newbie

Universal Windscreen Holder for the iPhone 4

May be one of these universal holder could be suitable. I bought a bike mount from this site, these are European made and quality is second to none.

Holders and Mounts Link