Winner of the ugliest dog contest

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - The owners of the other contestants in this year's World's Ugliest Dog Contest may have thought their pooches had a chance — until they saw Sam.
The 14-year-old pedigreed Chinese crested recently won the Sonoma-Marin Fair contest for the third consecutive time, and it's no surprise
I'm just amazed. :eek:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I'd hate to see the winner of the ugliest dog owner contest. :eek:

You'd be able to give this dog as a prize. ;)

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
:eek:

wow, I might need a little cuddly teddy bear and someone to rock me to sleep tonight, perhaps some holy water and crucifixes too... that thing is downright scary! {{{shudders}}}

brrrr.... did someone open a window in here?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
I love dogs, that picture makes me very sad. It appears that the dog has a deformity and a disease of some kind. Hopefully the dog finds some happiness in life. :(

Nanda Devi

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
dotdotdot said:
There should be a warning on this post!!!
yeah, I agree... that thing is about 1,000 times more hideous than I ever imagined when I clicked on this thread. It completely surpasses what any sane person's image of an "ugly dog" would be.

Most disturbing things I noticed about this creature:

a) Its eyes are pupil-less and milk-white.
b) It's chewing on its own foot.
c) It has a white mohawk.

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
Nanda Devi said:
yeah, I agree... that thing is about 1,000 times more hideous than I ever imagined when I clicked on this thread. It completely surpasses what any sane person's image of an "ugly dog" would be.

It looks blind to me, and it also has no canines

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
Nanda Devi said:

LOL I don't know why but when I read your post I started laughing my ass off. Just thought you should know.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
actually it is pretty normal looking for a 14 year old chinese crested...
they are mostly hairless with white tufts on tail feet and head
the skin pigmentation is normal too for a older hairless dog and the no pupils is due to cataracts ... remember this is an old dog...
:rolleyes:

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
I am one of the biggest animal lovers out there, BUT GOD DA!@#$% OH F!@# THATS A NASTY DOG! YUCK EWE PPPPP

Im sure its a nice enough dog, and I feel bad that it is blind, but EWE NASTY!!!!