Winning best buy experience.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xMBPx, Mar 11, 2011.

1. xMBPx macrumors regular

I'm in Savannah Georgia, so there are no apple stores under 2 hours away, there are a few walmarts/targets and only one best buy. I'm not really comfortable dropping hundreds of dollars on an electronic at walmart..no offense to those who did.. So I went to the best buy.

I got there and 2 and we were presented with our tickets at 4:30 just like promised. We were allowed to then go into the store and pick out all exessories we wanted until we waited to be rung up. I was 25th of about 100+ in line, and I was out by 5:35.

The thing that I want to mention was the ticket system. They gave them out as model specific place holders. They had hundreds of them in three seperate folders (wifi,AT&T,Verizon) so I can only assume they had around 500 in stock. Which makes sense considering they're the only big electronic store in savannah really.

Overall it was a fun experience, I met a lrot of cool people, and I really want to hit kup an apple store on launch day now! But only to have the full experience, no fault of best buy.

2. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

Apple store is fun. Did it for the iPhone 4 launch. Very different experience. I also waited from the night before for the iPhone and only about an hour or so for the iPad so lol. But it really is something to go to the apple store when they drop the curtain to show the new setup and have the employees excited(some actually genuinely).

3. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I had a pleasant experience at Best Buy as well. Had my voucher at 3:45, came back at 5 and I was out the door by 5:15.

Yes, the Apple store experience is fun but only if you have the time. The Best Buy route is sooooo much easier.