Winpwn and Vista

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sehender1, Aug 4, 2008.

1. sehender1 macrumors newbie

Wondering if anyone has successfully jailbroken their 3g with Winpwn running Vista..

I haven't tried, but I've noticed that because of some Vista weirdness, i can't access some of the directories where the program does some of its work...

wondering if this matters.

2. jmcclain145 macrumors regular

jmcclain145

yes I have jailbroken my 3g iPhone on 64 bit Vista. I restored it because in my opinion the early stages of the jailbreaking are still a bit unstable, but I successfuly did it.

3. igeoffi macrumors member

Works perfectly fine for me.
    Didn't run into problems at all, but then again, I used didn't use the initial release of WinPwn.

4. DN7335 macrumors 6502

Worked fine for me using winpwn 2.0.0.3, no issues whatsoever.

5. Alika4288 macrumors newbie

Worked fine for me. If your having an (error 6) its cause you not in DFU mode, it took me 3 tries to figure out that i wasnt in the right mode.

6. sehender1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't had any errors because I haven't even tried it yet.

I'm considering jailbreaking, only to install Intelliscreen, which in my opinion should be a function already built into the iPhone... unbelievable that they even call this a business tool without that!

But before I jailbreak, I want to make sure I know the pitfalls, etc. It would really suck to screw up my phone while trying to improve it!

thanks!