Winpwn - oh this is fun!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by criscris, Aug 14, 2008.

1. criscris macrumors member

Ok so ive gone to the Winpwn instructions site at "appleiphonehacks.com/", newbies guide, but i'm stuck!
    Steps 1-15 worked fine; the pop-up said "you've pwned iTunes".

Step #16 says you're ready to get phone into DFU mode. The instructions state you should hold the HOME and POWER keys for ten seconds, then release the POWER key, while still holding the HOME key for another 10 seconds. I did that.
    Unfortunately all i'm getting is the red slider saying POWER OFF phone. I'm stuck at this point and cannot get the phone into DFU. I've tried over and over waiting 8,9,10 seconds ... yet cannot move forward to the next step. :mad:

Can anyone assist me from this step on? THANKS!!!

2. d900man macrumors regular

d900man

to but ur phone into dfu it has to be turn off to begin with.

3. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

You have to turn your phone off before the instructions. It should say that.

4. criscris thread starter macrumors member

Oh! LOL. It didnt say that. :rolleyes:

On to try again...

5. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Turn the phone off after you plug it in. Then hold the sleep and home button for 10 seconds and release the sleep button to go into DFU mode.

6. Corn Chips macrumors member

I've never done it like the other posters are saying and it works fine for me o_O

7. criscris thread starter macrumors member

Boo hoo

Ok everyone thanks for the help.

Problem: everything went fine, itunes restarted saying my phone will have the factory settings ... but now I can only make emergency calls. It has the usb plug facing iTunes logo on the screen. Similar to when I opened the iphone new.

Help!!

*EDIT*

THE LATEST: Everything is OK. I thought EVERYTHING was gone, like my service providers info etc. All I had to do was close iTunes, reopen it and it asked if I want to setup a new iPhone or 'my names' iPhone. I hit restore, thinking I was going to erase all the jailbreak stuff, but im good. Cydia is running FINE.. Wooooo hoooo!!!!!!!