winSCP help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by golf pro, Mar 18, 2008.

1. golf pro macrumors member

i have a 8gb ipod touch(1.1.4) and im trying to get guitar hero and on another thread some one gave me a link and i downloaded guitar hero but i dont know how to put it on my ipod with winSCP, i can log on to SCP but thats about it, plz help with what ever u can :)

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Once your in with WinSCP, it's basically like the windows browser.

Navigate your way to the root folder, and then access the Applications folder (/Applications/). Then, find your GuitarHero.app folder on your hard drive, and drag it into the Applications folder.

When it's done copying, right click on the folder, click properties, and set the permissions value to 0755 (theres a box at the bottom).

Now, reset your iPod, and your good!

3. golf pro thread starter macrumors member

4. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Hmm... I just looked into the GuitarHero mod, and its not really patched version of the app, its just images that you replace the Tap Tap revolution icons with.

So, instead of copying the whole folder into the Applications folder, copy the images inside the folder into the Tap Tap Revolution folder (you'll need to install Tap Tap Revolution... its in the installer).

5. golf pro thread starter macrumors member

ok, it didnt work i think im just going to give up on the whole gutiar hero unless u have any other ways to get it on 1.1.4 with would be great!

6. golf pro thread starter macrumors member

and i tryed the other way by copying them in to the ttr and it didnt work any other ideas?