WinSCP(OpenSSH for windows) question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by twitchy204, Dec 8, 2008.

1. twitchy204 macrumors newbie

okay, so i JB'ed my cousins touch this weekend and i had already decided i wanted to get one for christmas. so now that i know how everything(mostly) works, i wanna try and have some things set up for when i get my touch. using WinSCP, is there anyway i can get to the screen that is normally used for drag and drop between ipod and computer? because at this point, i can't get past the login screen from what i've seen.

edit: in other words, is there a way to get to this screen: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z95/stephenheaps/WinSCP16.jpg without actually logging in with my ipod's IP address and everything? i'd probably have my computer files on the left and a blank page on the right.(where the ipod contents would normally show)

2. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Umm you would need to jailbreak it and install SSH with winscp for the theme.

3. twitchy204 thread starter macrumors newbie

i understand that...

im asking if i can create a new theme(which are SSH'ed to your ipod using WinSCP) before i get the iPod. i know i wouldn't be able to enable everything, but i'd like to have some of the elements of the new theme done. is it possible to create the coding for all of this without actually being able to access the ipod?

4. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Umm yes it is possible, but you'd have to be a very experienced theme designer. Technically you don't need the iPod or SSH to make the theme, you just need an image program to create the designs and size them properly and whatnot. I think there are some tutorials on how to create your own theme, look some up. It would be a lot easier if you did have access to your iPod, so then you could see how everything is arranged and where to place what in winscp.

5. twitchy204 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay. i decided im just gonna make my background and leave the rest to when i actually get it.

thanks.