Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vp911

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Yes loads, Cyberduck is free, personally though I use Transmit.

Transmit doesn't say SCP supported anywhere - that I saw, does it support SCP? If so, it looks like a great app... I was looking for a good ftp client as well.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
<shrug> I've always used SFTP/FTP with WinSCP. Its a great program though.

Fugu does SCP though if you need that.

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
Transmit doesn't say SCP supported anywhere - that I saw, does it support SCP? If so, it looks like a great app... I was looking for a good ftp client as well.

Well it supports SFTP which is FTP over SSH, rather the cp over SSH which is SCP. So you are getting the same level of security, and if you are using a client like Transmit I doubt it will look any different to you as an end user.

Or does the box you are connecting to only support SCP? If so then try CyberDuck, I've used that in the past for all my FTP, SFTP and SCP needs.

vp911

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Well it supports SFTP which is FTP over SSH, rather the cp over SSH which is SCP. So you are getting the same level of security, and if you are using a client like Transmit I doubt it will look any different to you as an end user.

Or does the box you are connecting to only support SCP? If so then try CyberDuck, I've used that in the past for all my FTP, SFTP and SCP needs.

No FTP on half the boxes I work with, only SCP.

Open Terminal and type scp. It is built in.

It would be a lot of work when transferring dozens of files, right? I imagine so..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.