Winsupersite - Paul Thurrott left

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by maflynn, Feb 1, 2015.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Regardless of how you may feel about Paul Thurrott, he was a driving force behind the Windows Supersite

He evidently has decided to leave and start another site called Thurrott

Link: http://winsupersite.com/windows/goodbye

I'm not a frequent visitor to winsupesite, so it comes as a complete surprise to see him leaving the very site he started. Since he's starting a brand new endeavor that similar to the winsupersite, I wonder what happen to cause him to leave.

2. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

A couple of bookmarks

I recognised his name, nothing more than that until I found two bookmarks for the SuperSite domain:

Apple Mac OS X "Lion" Review | Mobile content from SuperSite for Windows (2011-07-14 – archive) – sorry, no images

Windows 8 Sales Well Below Projections, Plenty of Blame to Go Around | Windows 8 content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows (2012-11-16)

I recall liking the review of Lion. I found some highlights

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Says right there he didn't like the environment of working for a "big" company after people in his group got promoted/etc throughout the years.

That's understandable.

I remember reading that OS X review. No, it wasn't bad.

4. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

He was and is a big windows booster, though he does travel with a MBA (running windows).

Still, this was his baby, and for him to leave and start up another site that is basically the same type of thing, is odd.

I like reading him, once in a blue moon, as he has some good insights into windows and what not so I'll keep popping in on his sight on occasion.